Présentation de l'offre d'emploi
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with the people they serve. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo believes that information is power. We connect individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our ambitious goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
You will be our representative in-country and a passionate leader within the Digital for Development movement. Your role is to drive impact, working with partners to develop and launch innovative and effective digital engagement campaigns via mobile. You will ensure that every large development organization and potential private sector client knows about Viamo’s latest solutions and you will supervise the delivery of Viamo’s work on our projects including USAID Integrated Health Program, USAID’s Breakthrough ACTION, and USAID Crisis Youth Education Response Activity (CYERA) among others. In DRC, we already have significant contracts in place with international development organisations and more are in the pipeline.
What does success look like
- Impact: We measure unique individuals who meaningfully engage with our services and we track the behaviour and frequency of these interactions.
- New business development: We measure our success in a market by the number and financial value of new business opportunities generated and contracts signed.
- Revenue: We measure the value of contracts acquired in each market and we track the timely and quality implementation of these projects.
- Take the lead in creating impact and ensure that all Viamo staff are passionate and committed to creating impact through mobile
- Take the lead on identification of new business opportunities in DRC, track and respond to RFPs, and design high quality budgets.
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects; this includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets and responding to RFPs.
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables.
- Manage the 3-2-1 Service, expanding content available, developing strategic partnerships to ensure sustainability and increase impact for end users
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in DRC
- Represent the organization to national government agencies and ensure organizational compliance with national regulatory bodies
- Manage the Viamo DRC team and the administration of the DRC office
Key Performance Indicators
● Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
● Bookings: Value of secured partnerships
● Revenue: Execution & invoicing of program deliverables
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to: Regional Director for Francophone West and Central Africa (FWCA)
- Line manages: One Admin & Finance Officer, one Director of Programs (line manages one Senior 3-2-1 Product Manager, two Program Managers)
- Experience of 8+ years in any combination of: social enterprise, INGO, Mobile Network Operator, ICT4D/ Digital for Development, donor or international implementer
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proven experience in co-developing ideas with partners, strong workshop facilitation skills and experience in design thinking approaches
- Proven business development skills, proposal writing and partnership building with a history of collaborative project development and submitting winning applications
- Measurable team management experience, including strong intercultural sensitivity, and a passion for unleashing the potential of your colleagues
- Project management experience, including reporting and budgeting; experience implementing USAID and other large donor–funded projects desirable
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-management, skills, adaptability and resourcefulness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and in English.
- Experience living and working in DRC or francophone countries in Africa
Why we love working for Viamo
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Détail offre d'emploi
Offres d'emploi (1)
DIRECTEUR GÉNÉRAL ET DIRECTEUR GÉNÉRAL ADJOINT (H/F) on 22 septembre 2023 CDI Temps plein