Présentation de l'offre d'emploi
This is a national staff position open to nationals of the Democratic Republic of Congo only. The incumbent will support management and staff within the delegation to receive quality, value-added and consistent HR services, provide advice and support fairness and compliance with HR programs and policies. The position will also provide technical human resources support to the Democratic Republic of Congo National Red Cross Society. The incumbent will also serve as part of the African regional human resources team, under the technical supervision of the Manager, Human Resources, Africa Region and is responsible for supporting the implementation and advancement of human resources activities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 1
- Manage the entire recruitment process for delegates and national staff – from advertisement, selection, the contracting process, supporting and briefings at the start of employment
- Liaise with relevant technical units to ensure that job descriptions are appropriate and technically relevant
- Job classification based on salary scale
- Create/advertise and manage vacancies on IFRCjobs and relevant websites
- Review applications, liaise with managers and key stakeholders to ensure that shortlisted candidates meet competency and motivational requirements
- Promote fairness, transparency and consistency in the selection process.
- Prepare and make suitable offers to selected candidates
- Liaise with African regional office in recruitment of international staff
- Liaise with National Societies for sponsored candidates
- Share the weekly recruitment update
- Support efficient and rapid recruitment processes in DRC working in close collaboration with the Africa regional office.
- Under the supervision of the line manager administer the end of contracting for all types of staff
- Under supervision of line manager and in liaison with regional focal points follow up on e-boarding programmes in the region
- Review national staff contracts for accuracy and alignment with the local labour laws
- Ensure that all aspects of human resources administration are effectively managed and completed in the Dynamics 365 system
- Ensure that all HR processes comply with DR Congo labour law, staff regulations, IFRC code of conduct
- Ensure that new delegate/national staff information is provided to administration for the provision of ID cards and business cards
- Prepare and organize, in collaboration with other departments, briefing sessions for new staff (welcome note, briefing schedule, supervision of the briefing process of delegates and national staff, etc.)
- Track staff contracts (start date, end date and extension if necessary)
- Ensure national staff payroll deductions are made to the DR Congo National Social Security Fund (CNSS)
- Ensure that delegates and national staff complete their end-of-mission formalities with all departments prior to departure in collaboration with other departments
- Tracking probation periods and managing, in collaboration with line managers, the end of the probation in accordance with HR guidelines
- Regularly update leave status and leave planning system
- Work closely with the head of administration to arrange travel, accommodation and visas for incoming and outgoing international delegates or national staff.
- Organize and supervise the debriefing of delegates or national staff at the end of their contract, in collaboration with other departments and line managers
Job Duties & Responsibilities 2
Payroll management – Compensation and benefits
- Ensure compensation practices comply with state and federal laws and regulations
- Manage the administration of social security and pensions for national staff and ensure that they are properly implemented
- Prepare the payroll and have it validated and forwarded to Finance department, and issue pay slips to national staff
- Update and keep pay slips up to date.
- Maintain information on staff salaries and allowances and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in close collaboration with HR and the Finance Department
- Ensure prompt, fair, transparent and systematic approval of HR services, rights and contracts
- Calculate and pay termination benefits
- Prepare salary review when requested by management including preparing a cost-of-living study with information from comparator organisations for validation
- Working with management, develop and establish the highest standards of employee performance.
- Guide managers to carry out all performance management activities (e.g., setting goals, conducting evaluations, identifying gaps and contributing to the definition of training and development actions, if any)
- Provide advice and support to managers and staff in the event of poor performance and disciplinary situations, capacity building and staff development
- Share information received from staff development with the entire team
- Train staff in the use of relevant tools, such as online performance, and advocate for the highest standards of performance management
- Ensure that staff are assessed in a timely manner and monitor the quality of evaluations when compiling final evaluations for HR files.
- In coordination with units, implement effective and timely training and staff development programs.
- Support/advise management and staff, where appropriate, to improve relationships and resolve issues.
- Advise delegates and national staff on human resources policies and practices, act as advocate for staff where necessary and consult with the legal unit and health and stress advisors, where appropriate, on personnel issues, including occupational health
- Be a partner to staff by listening to them, answering their questions and providing professional advice.
- Provide staff training on human resources policies
- Encourage staff to take online courses and use the learning platform.
- Develop staff skills through the management and supervision of the various trainings (internal, external, in the field or at headquarters).
- Ensure compliance by all client groups with all standard operational procedures (SOP) in workforce planning and personnel well-being activities, with all systems and procedures to ensure consistency, integrity and accountability within the quality standards set out in the workflow
- Ensure the implementation of audit recommendations and provide advice on remedial action and establish appropriate controls.
- Maintain a safe and secure filing system for human resources documents.
- Ensure effective working relationships with HR unit colleagues at all levels in the Africa Region and at the Geneva Secretariat level.
- Provide technical support to the National Society of the Democratic Republic of Congo as needed in terms of Human Resources activities (recruitments, preparation of contracts, etc.)
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline required
- Professional qualification in HR and registered with a professional HR body
- Post Graduate qualification is an added advantage
- 3 years relevant professional HR practice
- Experience of facilitating recruitment and on boarding processes
- Experience of working for the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- Experience working with government and international non-governmental organisations, authorities and agencies
- Experience of handling confidential information
- Experience handling employee relations matters
- Experience in preparing staff payroll and HRIS
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Ability to work with integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate with internal employees and external partners at all levels
- Ability to work in an intercultural, inter-functional and multicultural environment
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook etc)
- Excellent organizational, planning and influence skills
- Training and staff development skills
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Fluently spoken and written French and English
- Knowledge of local languages (Lingala, Swahili)
Competencies and Values
Professionalism, integrity, diversity,team-work, communication, excellent judgement and decision making, ability to work with confidential matters and discretion
Détail offre d'emploi
Offres d'emploi (3)
Chargée des Ressources Humaines (H/F) on 17 février 2023 Temps plein
HR Employer Relation Manager (H/F) on 9 novembre 2022 CDD Temps plein